Monday 21 May 2012

The Libertine

Well, got to be one of the best locations in Glasgow for a bar....yet, it just does not achieve.
In the 14 years that I have been drinking legally in this city, it has changed name and appearance several times. My mates and I now come to call it 'the bar with no name' as we all refer to it by its former names.
Large, old fashioned bar - must be oak or something, really looks the part. Strange draught selection as it's all foreign: Amstel, Fosters and the like. But it does not achieve.
I got myself a pint of Amstel as the Sam Smiths was sold out. Its an okay pint, clean and crisp, but after the black stuff, it tastes fruity.
I do not subscribe to the whole Japanese fungshway thing, (can't spell in English, what do you expect for Japanese?) but this place should be heavin' and it never is.  Shame really, for so much potential, it just does not achieve.
In the time it has taken me to write this, six folk have walked in and straight out again, so it's just me in the whole bar.
I wonder what its next name will be?

No comments:

Post a Comment