Monday 30 April 2012

The Belle

Well, I stepped out the Oran Mhor stepped right and right again. Best not to think too much about where your next beer's coming from, Glasgow always provides.
Anywhoo, ended up in a bar called 'The Belle' on Great Western Rd. I found this place by accident last year as it was pudding it down. I thought how bad can it be, so I stepped in for a pint. It was my first ever pint of Brooklyn lager. I've been back since, but they discontinued it for a while. Anyway, they have it back again, £4.40 an f'nn pint but they have an open fire roaring and crazy ass music on. Which can only be described as a cross between funk and old school jazz.  It makes for a bizarre atmosphere.

This bar seems to be frequented by students whose parents have too much money. The gantry is small; they seem to prefer rum over whisky. Cocktails and wine is the order of the day here, although their draft is short on selection, it's random in what is has to offer.
Balls to it. I like this bar just for the open roaring fire that's popping away.

No comments:

Post a Comment